Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Cocktail in the City - One Waan Thai

One Waan - Sign
Mijo and I recently had an enjoyable happy hour at this Thai Cafe in the city's Glen Park neighborhood called One Waan. 

Their cocktails are refreshing, innovative and the appetizers went perfectly with them. We'll definitely be back.



This Thai cafe is conveniently located across the street from the Glen Park BART station. The neighborhood has this village feel to it and the restaurants around the area are usually  crowded with locals. If you want to see a local San Francisco scene, this village is one of the places to be.

Mijo and I decided to try One Waan's cocktails offerings and some select appetizers one Thursday evening. 

Mijo decided to get this Pina Colada with a Thai twist. It consists of Soju, coconut cream, pineapple juice, lychee juice, served on ice. Mijo let me sampled it and the taste brought me back to my trips to Thailand.
One Waan - Pina Colada 


I decided to sample their Lemongrass Ginger Lemon drop. This drink consists of Agave Soju, lemongrass-pandan leaf homemade syrup, ginger, and lemon. This drink is my favorite. It is tasty, refreshing and earthy. I must admit that I wanted another round of this drink.
  One Waan - Lemongrass Ginger Lemon Drop 

We paired the drinks with these appetizers. The first one is their tasty Lettuce wrap with minced chicken, red onion, green onion, cilantro, lemongrass, mint leaves, and lava sauce. We also ordered some Thai Samosas and Mango Prawns.
  One Waan - Lettuce Wrap  One Waan - Mango Prawns 

We loved the drinks, the food and the attentive and friendly service.
We will definitely be back!

~rl

No comments: