Sunday, August 06, 2017

Everyday Coffee in the City - Blue Bottle Coffee Single Origin

Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania bw
While Mijo was out of the country, I got a little creative and decided to open one of the coffee bags that Mijo and I bought a week before he left for his trip.

The Single Origin is from El Salvador Aida Battle Finca Tanzania. I love this coffee and the pairings were absolutely wonderful.



We sampled this coffee during our latest visit to their Mint Plaza location and this coffee was not his choice of coffee. However, I was intrigue by its flavor and I wanted to try it some more at home. I bought a half a bag and I opened it to try it this week since Mijo was out of the country. 

The beans are medium roasted and very fragrant with hints of caramel and chocolate.
Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania beans


The aroma was even more pronounced as I started the grinding process.
Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania coffee grounds

For the pairings, I only made drip coffee and so far I am loving it. The coffee brought me back to my unforgettable travels to El Salvador.
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania grounds

  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania brew

For the first pairing, I had Spanish Breads from Valerio's Tropical Bakeshop in South San Francisco. I grew up eating Spanish Bread in the Philippines and the coffee's sweet notes came out even more.
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania Pairing spanish bread

The next pairing was with Almond Croissants from Safeway Bakery.  Mijo came back from his trip during this coffee pairing. He actually liked the coffee and the pairing. I even mentioned to him that this was the coffee that he did not like so much before. He was impressed.
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania Pairing almond croissants

Mijo brought back some goodies that my family from the Philippines sent me. These are caramel bars from Max's Bakery. Delicious!
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania Pairing caramel bar

This pairing was with pastries called Ensaimada, or enseymada, also from the Philippines. This particular pastries are from my favorite cafe in Manila called Mary Grace Cafe. The sweet and salty taste of the enseymada heightened the praline and caramel flavor of the coffee.
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania Pairing enseymada

Since Mijo was craving for donuts one time, we also paired the coffee with donuts from Krispy Kreme.
  Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania Pairing krispy creme

My first pairing was when we went to Blue Bottle Coffee's location at the Mint Plaza. I paired the coffee with a ginger cookie.
Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania cookie Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania store  
Blue Bottle Coffee - Single Origin El Salvador Finca Tanzania store crowd

I am glad I bought a half bag of this coffee to take home. I'll definitely try it again next time.

~rl

No comments: