Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Arts in the City - Murals of Clarion Alley

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley bw
I was walking on Valencia St. during one of the city's Sunday Streets when I chanced upon the murals of Clarion Alley. 

It was like stumbling into a gold mine, there are so many murals to take in and also take a picture of. I love the Mission District, I love the city!



When I got to this part of my walk during the Sunday Streets in the Mission, I was like a kid in a candy store. My impulse to photograph and to do it all at once was irresistible. I couldn't contain myself. I had to tell myself to calm down and slow down which I eventually did. I took my time and checked out the murals one by one and got reminded of the current state of things around me.

I don't know who made these wonderful murals so I won't be able to give them credits in this blog. If you know the organization or people behind these murals, please leave me a comment. In any case, I'd like to thank you whoever you are for putting together these beautiful, moving and awe inspiring murals.

Here are the murals of Clarion Alley. Enjoy!

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Rise in Power 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Crowd 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Corporatocracy 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley No Ban On Stolen Land 

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Artist at work

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Buttercup Fields

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Born and Raised

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley BMWI

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Ants

Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Hand Fist 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Heatlhy Safe Community 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Women 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Zap 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Imitation 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Democracy 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Cultivating Resistance 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley City Not For Sale 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Cactus 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Frisco 5 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Elephant 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley House Keys Not Handcuffs 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Narratives of Displacements 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Mural in Progress 

  Mural in the City - Clarion Alley Rest In Peace

These murals can be seen on Clarion Alley between 16th and 18th streets and Valencia St.

~rl

No comments: