Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nature in the City - Presidio Trail Run

Presidio Trail Run - ShirtI joined a fun run at work as part of the company's volunteer effort. The run or race is called the Presidio Trail Run  which is hosted by the Presidio Y.

Not only I got a good fun workout, I also got to enjoy the great scenery and great weather outside. I can't believe I live in the city and still be this close to nature.



The Presidio Trail Run is hosted by the Presidio Y and I was told it is in its 4th year now. It was my first time to join this fun race.  The race is divided into three sections - 1.5 miles, 5k, 10k. I chose 1.5 miles because I wanted this to be more fun and less of a race.

Presidio Trail Run - Trail Presidio Trails

The Presidio is on the other side of the city. I got there with plenty of time to spare. We were to meet at Pershing Square for a photo op with one hundred twenty of my coworkers before the race.
Presidio Trail Run - The Presidio

  
The first group to run was the 1.5 miles group. The next was the 5k and then 10k. I think the start times for the different groups were each 30 minutes apart. The 5k group was getting ready to run by the the time I reached the Finish line.
 Presidio Trail Run - Trail start 

I walked the entire 1.5 miles of the race and enjoyed picturesque views of the city. I love the fact that I live in the city and still be this close to nature.
  Presidio Trail Run - Trail right after start Presidio Trail Run - Train 5k 10k Presidio Trail Run - Trail uphill 
Presidio Trail Run - Trail signs Presidio Trail Run - Trail open skies Presidio Trail Run - Trail Ecology tail 
Presidio Trail Run - Trail clear skies Presidio Trail Run - Trail last leg Presidio Trail Run - Trail blue skies Presidio Trail Run - Trail big trees

The Finish line.
Presidio Trail Run - Finish 

There was supposed to be an after-the-race party at 11am but I decided to go home instead. Before I did, I picked up some freebies from Hint, Noosa and Sprig.
  Presidio Trail Run - Booth Presidio Trail Run - Freebie Sprig 
Presidio Trail Run - Freebie Noosa Presidio Trail Run - Freebie Hint

Thanks to the Presidio Y and all the volunteers for organizing this event.


~rl

No comments: