Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wine tasting in Sonoma - Landmark Vineyards

Landmark Vineyards - Sign by roland luistro, on FlickrI am a fan of Landmark Vineyards wines. I absolutely enjoy especially their Pinot Noirs. I first tasted their wines at the SF Chefs events in San Francisco.

Mijo and I finally decided to pay Landmark Vineyards a visit since we were already in the Kenwood area of Sonoma that day. Finally, wine tasting Landmark Vineyards wines at the source!


I first tasted Landmark Vineyards wines at the SF Chefs 2011 and then again at the SF Chefs 2013. I had another chance to taste it again when my employer hosted a wine tasting event at work. So you can see that I have come to know this brand through different wine tasting events.
SF Chefs 2011 Landmark wines SF Chefs 2013 - Landmark
Sonoma at the Work - Landmark Vineyards


[read my other wine tasting blogs @ Balitang SF]


Fast forward to 2015, Mijo and I finally made it to their winery in Sonoma's Kenwood area. The area is very picturesque. The vines seem like they are basking under the wine country sunshine. This is one of the reasons why I absolutely romanticize Sonoma.
 Landmark Vineyards - Vineyard

From the parking lot I could see the winery is Spanish colonial style which blends in with the landscape. It is as if I've been transported back in time.
Landmark Vineyards - Winery

We finally reached the tasting room.
Landmark Vineyards - Doormat

The tasting room has dimmed lighting which sets the mood. High ceilings and minimal decorations made the room feel airy and very spacious.
Landmark Vineyards - Tasting room

I apologize because I forgot the name of our lady wine pourer. She was very knowledgeable about wines and very patient with us. Mijo and I decided to share their Signature Tasting which includes some of their limited production wines as indicated by the number of cases produced. 2013 Damaris Reserve Chardonnay (800 cases produced), 2012 Kiser Vineyard Chardonnay (200 cases produced), 2012 Lorenzo Vineyard Chardonnay (435 cases produced), 2013 Grand Detour Pinot Noir (670 cases produced), 2012 Solomon Hills Pinot Noir (410 cases produced).
Landmark Vineyards - Chardonnay Lorenzon Vineyard 
  Landmark Vineyards - Pinot Noir Spring Hill Vineyard Landmark Vineyards - Pinot Noir Grand Detour 

It is probably the warmer weather that day but their chardonnays are probably one of the tastier and rounder chardonnays I've tasted so this year. However, Mijo and I decided to get one of each of their Pinot Noirs.
  Landmark Vineyards - Bar 

I am so excited to open these Pinot Noirs one of these days.
  Landmark Vineyards - Purchase

~rl

No comments: