Saturday, August 09, 2014

Wine Tasting at Work - Sonoma in Foster City

Sonoma at Work - Wine glassesMiracle of miracles! Finally, a wine tasting at work! Select wineries from Sonoma County visited my company for an afternoon of wine tasting. It was held on the open air floor of the parking lot of the building one. 

I won't be revealing where I work but I will be mentioning the wineries since that is the relevant subject here.  I included in this blog select pictures of the wines I enjoyed tasting. Enjoy browsing!


The perfect Northern California sun was showering its warmth on us during wine tasting at work. There was a pre-registration and the registered ones were given an orange wristband to wear during wine tasting. I was surprised with the number of wineries represented that afternoon. There were a lots of wineries.  Since they are from Sonoma County, I was not surprised most of them brought Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, and Chardonnay. Some of them offered Granache, Meritage, and a few red blends.
Sonoma at the Work - Wine booths

There was live music that serenaded us while enjoying our winetasting experience.
Sonoma at the Work - Live music

There were food also. What is wine tasting without food, right? I avoided food with cheese or creamy ingredients as I wanted my taste buds ready for the delicate red wines I was about to taste.
Sonoma at Work - Grilled Mushrooms

Sonoma at the Work - Meatballs

During tasting, I was careful not to get drunk since this is a company event. Since there were also a lot of wineries that afternoon and I had originally planned to taste all of their Pinot Noirs or Zinfandels, my strategy is to sip twice very slowly and then dump the rest of the wine for each tasting. I figured I will have drunk two wine glassesful  this way by the time I finished the winetasting. Though it was not a problem getting tipsy since I was going to take the company shuttles back to San Francisco.

The wineries and their representative were very nice. I also picked up a handful of complementary tasting vouchers and the current edition of the Sonoma Wine Road.


Here are the wines that I enjoyed tasting. 

Landmark Vineyards
Sonoma at the Work - Landmark Vineyards

Hanna Winery
Sonoma at the Work - Hanna Winery

Dutcher Crossing Winery
Sonoma at the Work - Dutcher Crossing Winery

Sojourn Cellars
Sonoma at Work - Solourn Cellars

Siduri Wines and Novy Family Winery
Sonoma at Work - Siduri Wines and Novy Family Winery

Sbragia Family Vineyards
Sonoma at Work - Sbragia Family Vineyards

Petroni Vineyards
Sonoma at Work - Petroni Vineyards

Lynmar Estate
Sonoma at Work - Lynmar Estate

Inspiration Vineyards
Sonoma at Work - Inspiration Vineyards

Freeman Vineyard and Winery
Sonoma at Work - Freeman Vineyard and Winery

Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards and Winery
Sonoma at Work - Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards and Winery

Benovia Winery
Sonoma at Work - Benovia

Alysian Wines
Sonoma at Work - Alysian Wines

Twomey Cellars
Sonoma at the Work - Twomey Cellars

Roth Estates
Sonoma at the Work - Roth Estate

I really appreciate that working for this company has many perks and this winetasting just got added. I hope they have more of these events in the future.

Thank you also for the wineries who visited the headquarters. Your representatives were very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about the wines.

~rl

No comments: