Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas in the City - Christmas street scenes

Christmas in the City - Union Square I feel truly fortunate that the San Francisco Bay Area is not only deeply rooted in the Christmas and holiday traditions and events, it is also fully decked out this time of the year. This is the epitome of what a song tells us... it is Christmas time in the city! 

I included in this blog pictures of street scenes in the city I've taken so far. I'll be updating it with more pictures in the following days.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! 

Christmas in the City - Union Square 
 Union Square all dressed up for Christmas. The Christmas Tree and the Ice Skating rink are shown. This photo was taken from a restaurant at Macy's in Union Square.


Mijo and I went to see Handel's Messiah at the Grace Cathedral the other night. It was the best thing I've ever heard during a live performance. It felt like I've been transported to medieval England that night.

Christmas in the City - War Memorial Opera House 
 The festive lobby inside the War Memorial Opera House during intermission of the San Francisco Ballet's The Nutcracker.


I was on my way to meet my good friends Karen and Monette for our Christmas brunch at the MarketBar restaurant when I chanced upon this choir. I was told they are part of the Los Altos Highschool choir and they sing at the Ferry Building every year during the holiday season.

Christmas in the City - City Hall 
 The scene around Civic Center and the San Francisco city hall.

Christmas in the City - Glen Park 
 Of course, my neighborhood Glen Park is also decked out for the holidays! This picture was taken on Chenery St.

Christmas in the City - Giants Dugout 
 The San Francisco Giants' dugout is all ready for Christmas. Of course, they have what they wished for this year - the 2012 World Series Trophy.

Christmas in the City - Gingerbread house and tree
This scene can be found inside the Fairmont Hotel's lobby during Christmas holiday season. The gingerbread house (yes, edible and it smells soooo good!) on the left and a giant Christmas tree on the right. 

Christmas in the City - Gingerbread house kids
Small kids watching trains and cars inside one of the display windows of Fairmont Hotel's gingerbread house. I do wonder what the Fairmont does with the gingerbread after the Christmas and the Holidays are over?

Christmas in the City - Embarcadero Skating Rink
This is the skating rink around the Embarcadero area of the the city.

Christmas in the City - O Farrel St 
 Macy's, as always, is festive for the shoppers.

Christmas in the City - Holiday musicians in BART and Muni
Here is one of the groups playing holiday music at the Powell Muni and BART stations while commuters busily running their Christmas errands.



Elsewhere around the globe....

Christmas in the City - Ayala Triangle 
 I was in Manila to visit my mom and siblings. Manila definitely knows how to show the world it is Christmas time there. Taken at the Ayala Triangle in Makati.

 This one was also taken in Manila inside the Mall of Asia.

~rl 

No comments: