Monday, January 29, 2018

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee and Tea's Baridi Blend

Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend bw
For this week, while Mijo is on a trip abroad, I got creative and decided to try a couple of new coffee blends. My first in the list was called Baridi Blend by Peet's Coffee.

I've been told that this coffee is made for cold brewing but I love it brewed hot. This medium roast coffee is flavorful.



I always buy the coffee whole beans to be ground at home right before brewing. I don't really know if it truly makes a difference in taste that way. I just love the way grinding coffee fills the kitchen with coffee aroma goodness whenever I do this.
Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend beans


Even though this coffee is considered medium roast, the aroma is full bodied.
Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend medium ground

I only made coffee using drip for this blend. The foam instantly forms as soon as the warm water mixes with the ground coffee. More coffee aroma fills the room.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend drip

For pairing, I first paired this coffee with a Filipino rice cake called Bibingka. The pairing brought out the fruit flavors of the coffee. Blackberry and cocoa finish.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend Bibingka pairing

I also paired it with another Filipino bread called Spanish bread. Spanish bread is like a sweet roll with a buttery center. The white rectangular pieces covered with powdered sugar and rice are called Espasol. I think they are made of cassava. The pairing brought out citrus flower and fragrant qualities of the coffee.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend Filipino Spanish bread pairing

I paired this coffee one morning with a broiled ripe plantain. The natural sugars in the ripe plantain that burnt during the broiling process created that caramel tasting outer layer. The plantain brought out the earthy flavors of the coffee.
Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend plantain

More pairings... madeleines by St Michel.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend Macaron pairing

And cookie macaron or macaron cookie by Model Bakery is made to be paired with coffee. For this, I made the coffee a little stronger because the cookies are on the sweet side.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend macaron cookie

We will definitely try this Baridi Blend again.
  Peets Coffee - Baridi Blend

~rl

No comments: