Thursday, October 03, 2013

Wine Tasting in Napa Valley - MA(i)SONRY

Maisonry - DecorBob and Bren took us to Ma(i)sonry last year for the first time. Somehow. I couldn't find my pictures from our trip there last year. This is probably the reason why I never blogged it.

This year, we went back for another round of wine tasting and I made sure that I save the pictures, remember where I save them and blog my Ma(i)sonry experience. We always enjoy going there. Thanks Bob for taking us.


Is this a bar, an art museum or a winery? That was the first thing that popped to mind the first time I went to Ma(i)sonry. I couldn't help but notice the wall art and the sculptures dotting the place. In fact, wine would be the last thing I'd think of about this place. That was last year. This year, I knew what to expect.

My favorite among the many sculptures displayed in the estate is this life sized bronze sculpture called All Together Now by artist Giuseppe Palumbo.

Maisonry - All Together Now Guiseppe Palumbo 


Judging from their wine list, Maisonry is more like a purveyor of wines in the area rather than a winery.  Since we've been there before and we liked their selections the first time, I kind of expecte the same or better experience this time. And it was definitely a better experience. Our pourer or wine educator who was very helpful in our wine selections also added to the over all great experience.

I forgot which one we chose for our wine tasting flight. All the wines we tasting were very good with varying degrees of balance, fruit and body. It was unfortunate that this was again a side by side tasting and of course, the budget constraints. If I had the money, I would buy them all.

The first wine we tasted was the 2010 Alliance by Capture Wines.

Maisonry - Capture Wines 2010 Alliance


Second was the 2008 Our Gang Cabernet Sauvignon by Casa Piena.

Maisonry - Casa Piena 2008 Casa Piena Estate Cab


Third was 2009 Lightning Bolt by Coup de Foudre.

Maisonry - Coup de Foudre 2009 Lightning Bolt
 

The next on the list was 2010 Paramour by Blackbird Vineyards.

Maisonry - Blackbird Vineyards 2010 Paramour

The fifth and last was 2008 and 2009 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon.

Maisonry - Juslyn Vineyards 2008 2009 Spring Mountain Cab

I was only looking to get a bottle so at the end of the tasting I decided to get Casa Piena's 2008 Our Gang Cabernet Sauvignon.

Maisonry - Wine Glasses

Ma(i)sonry's garden setting, their carefully selected boutique wines, their super helpful and friendly wine educators, and the arts make tasting wines here extra especial.

Maisonry - Wine Tasting

Ma(i)sonry is on Washington St. in Yountville in Napa Valley.

~rl

No comments: