Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Race in the City - JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge

JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Sign
Thanks to my employer, I was able to join and run the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge with my colleagues at work. 

This year, the route is longer a little over 3.5 miles and I still beat my record from 2014, 2015, and 2016 and I still had time to take pictures of the picturesque route.


I took the Muni to get to the Race area near AT&T Park. In the Muni, I rode with other runners from other companies judging from the uniforms they were wearing.
JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Mission Bay 

It was still an hour away from the official start of the race but race participants are already coming in.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Ball park 

There was a party vibe in the race area. Some companies have designated booths. I met up with my colleagues and had our group picture taken afterwards. There were snacks like energy drink and bananas and water provided for us. Thanks guys!
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Gathering 

Like the previous years, we were split by our bib colors. Red for the serious runners, Green for advanced runners and blue for beginner runners. I was wearing a blue bib but I ran with the Green bib folks.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Corrals 

There was high energy while we were all waiting for our start. Lots of Salesforce runners.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Ready 

We run starting from the AT&T Park area toward the Bay Bridge on Embarcadero St.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Bay Bridge 

Here a view of the Financial District from Pier 30.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Runners 

I think the half a mile was added in Pier 30 because this year we had to run around the Pier and back unlike last year where we only had to run the length of it.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Past Mile 1 

Here's the view of the other side of the Bay Bridge where the Bay Lights is seen. This was during our 2 mile mark.
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Past Mile 2 

I must have lost 2 to 3 minutes of running time from taking the pictures. But I love the views and wouldn't mind losing a few minutes. Nevertheless, I still beat my previous running records. I even had a faster pace that my pace at the SF Marathon 5k run. 
  JPMC Corporate Challenge 17 - Finish

I had another fun run this year. I can't wait for next year's run.

~rl

No comments: