Friday, June 23, 2017

Street Fair in the City - North Beach Festival

North Beach - Festival Sign bw
North Beach Festival happened last week during one of the warmest weekends of the year.  Great music, good food, friendly crowd, and great view. 

This is one of my favorite street fairs in one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city.



We didn't have anything planned on that day so we decided to spend a couple of hours checking out the North Beach Street fair and have a bite to eat there since we haven't had lunch. The sun was out that day. No fog for a summer day. If you didn't know, the fog rolls into San Francisco during summer months. But not that weekend.
North Beach - Festival Start 


60's music was being played by the band. I guess it is because the city is celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Summer of Love. There were a lot of people in the crowd wearing tie dyed t-shirts and wearing flowers on their hair.
  North Beach - Festival Stage 

One of the things I like about this street fair is that it is picturesque. It has a great view of the Financial District - the Transamerica Pyramid, the 555 California and the Salesforce Tower is peeking out. Another thing I like about this street fair is how integrated the cafes, restaurants and shops with the street fair.
  North Beach - Festival Columbus Ave Beer Garden 

More food, booth and knick knacks. One thing I noticed is that the fair is now lacking some Italian twist. It is looking more like any other street fair. I hope the organizers do something about this.
  North Beach - Festival Columbus Ave 

I was looking for the street painting competition which they had in the previous fair many moons ago. These are the only paintings I saw. They were good though. I made a mental note that the next time I am in the market for a local wall art, I should hit the street fairs.
  North Beach - Festival Paintings 

No Baloney was giving away samples of their salami. They were good.
  North Beach - Festival freebie 

We grabbed something to eat. Garlic fries and corn on a cob for lunch.
  North Beach - Festival food 

Caffe Trieste is a coffee shop Mijo and I used to go to. I am glad that they are still around all these years.
  North Beach - Festival Caffe Trieste 

Lots of booths. 
  North Beach - Festival Booths 

More beer gardens and music stage.
  North Beach - Festival More Beer Garden music 

HEre's another favorite that has been around for years - The Language of Birds art installation.
  North Beach - Festival Language of the Birds

Until the next time, North Beach Festival.

~rl


No comments: