Monday, March 21, 2016

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee and Tea Arabian Mocha Java

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Bages bwThis week, we are sampling for the first time a espresso roast from Peet's Coffee and Tea called Arabian Mocha Java.  I tried it in espresso and drip and both coffee tasted very good.

I also paired the coffee with local goodies from Cako, cookies from Trader Joe's and with a Kit Kat chocolate. This coffee tastes really good!




Mijo and I have been enjoying Peet's Coffee and Tea's Major Dickason's Blend, our go to coffee.  After we finished our last beans of Major Dickason's Blend, I went to the Peet's Coffee store at Stonestown Mall in the Sunset district to pick up our supply of coffee. This time, I decided on a whim to try their Arabian Mocha Java.


The smell of the beans has hints of chocolate, butter, and very ripe bananas.

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Whole Beans



Since this is a espresso roast, I decided to first try it as an espresso. The aroma of coffee just filled the kitchen in seconds. I also made lattes and it was flavorful and I was able to taste the hint of chocolate. 
Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java espresso  Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Milk Froth  

I paired the lattes with Trader Joe's caramel danish. Perfect!
  Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Latte 

The next day, I made a drip using the medium or coarse setting of the coffee grinder. I am always mesmerized by the entire drip process. The hints of chocolates and ripe fruits were more pronounced. I am loving this coffee so much.
  Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java drip Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Coffee grounds 

A couple of days after, I paired the coffee with a strawberry cupcake from Cako, madeleines from Sugar Bowl Bakery and pistachio cookies from Trader Joe's. The buttery tastes of the pastries and cookies were amazing when paired with this coffee.

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Cako Trader Joes cookies 

My next pairing was with ginger cookies from Trader Joe's. The coffee taste was even more hightened. I guess because of the earthy notes of ginger cookies?

  Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Trader Joes Ginger Cookie 

Because of the chocolate hints of this coffee, I decided to pair it with Kit Kat chocolates. The pairing looked simple yet tasted very decadent.

Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Kit Kat

This is going to be one of the favorite coffees.

  Everyday Coffee in the City - Peet's Coffee Arabian Mocha Java Bags

~rl


No comments: