Monday, March 24, 2014

Brunch in Napa Valley - Brix Restaurant and Gardens

Brix - SignSpring is lovely in Northern California. It is still cool enough with the right amount of sunshine.

Mijo and I decided to pay mijo's sister Claudia a visit and we all went to brunch at Brix. Let's just say we were celebrating something. A blessing, so to speak.

Relaxing weekend, great company and great food. Life is good.


The three of us didn't know what to expect for brunch. Both Mijo and I have never been to Brix. Claudia has been there for dinner. Before this brunch, the only thing I knew about Brix was their relaxing atmosphere and their vegetable garden at the back of the restaurant. 


Brix - Backyard

Eventhough the vines are still dormant and spindly, Napa Valley is still a beauty!

Brix - Vineyard and garden

We didn't have a reservation. After a short wait, we were seated outside in their back patio with the view of the garden. The three of use ordered mimosas and went back inside to get food.

Brix - Charcuterie


Here's my frist plate. I tried so hard not to eat a lot. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. How can one say no to these? Local soft and hard cheeses, cured meats and fish and fresh oysters.
Brix - Savory 1

My second plate consisted of fresh oysters, smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, a slice of deviled egg, and ceviche galore.
Brix - Savory 2

Of course I had to have a third plate. This time I tried the heavier and meat dishes.
Brix - Savory 3

And desserts. Everything was delicious!
Brix - Dessert

I want one of these oak barrels for our garden in the city. These barrels are not only garden accents. They can also double as tables.
Brix - Oak Barrels

Here's the vineyard at the back fo the restaurant. I wish this was my backyard. The cool breeze, the warm sunshine, the hills and the vineyards make Napa easy to romanticize. Filipino and Napa Valley seem like a nice combo. :)
Brix - Gnarly vines

Brix is on St. Helena Hwy in Napa Valley, California.

~rl


No comments: