Saturday, February 02, 2013

Cafe in the City - La Boulange Cafe and Bakery

La Boulange - Almond CroissantDid you know that January 30 is National Croissant Day? I learned this from La Boulange Cafe and Bakery's Facebook post a couple of days ago. I subscribe to La Boulange's postings in FB.

So in honor of this delicious flaky buttery pastry and also of one of my favorite places that make croissants, I am posting all the pictures I've taken while buying, dining, drinking, sipping, or just hanging out at La Boulange Cafe Bakery. I don't care if it is a chain and not a mom-and-pop cafe. I am ok as long as it is a San Francisco chain.


La Boulange Cafe and Bakery is one of my favorite cafes and pastry shops in the city. Mijo and I have been going there for years now. I am more pleased that they've opened stores at different locations in the city and the rest of the Bay Area.

La Boulange - Box
One of the things I like about La Boulange is it uses a brown box to package to-go pastries in a box. There is something romantic about brown boxes.

La Boulange - An Almond Croissant
On the left is La Boulange's plain croissant. On the right is their almond croissant. Delicioso! Ang Sarap!

La Boulange - Chocolate Croissant
This is their chocolate croissant. Sobrang sarap, super delicioso!

La Boulange - Sign
Though it is made in America, it has that European cafe feel.

La Boulange - Macarons
This is their French macaron. This box can fit seven macarons.

La Boulange - Queue
Their menu has a lot of items so ordering can be quite intimidating especially when the line goes fast. I recommend viewing their menu online before marching to the store if you don't want to make a hasty decision.

La Boulange - Pudding
A croissant pudding I brought to the office one Friday. The slice is big which is great for sharing. Of course, this is perfect with a cup of hot beverage.

La Boulange - Goat Cheese Pear Tart
This plate contains small slices of napoleon cake which is the one with dustings of confectioners sugar. The one with next to it with a red slices of fruit is called goat cheese pear tart. The triangle shape one is called gallette des rois which is served only in the month of January.

La Boulange - Du Dome
This scene was taken at La Boulange du Dome. It is located under the dome of the San Francisco Center shopping mall. This location made this local cafe and bakery look very posh. I like to hangout here whenever Mijo and I are meeting somewhere in Union Square after work. Great place to catch up with friends and/or to people watch.

La Boulange - Gallette
Ok, I am not sure if this is an apple turnover or an apple gallette. Of course, it is super tasty with a hint of tart.

La Boulange - Sutter St
This is the scene in front of La Boulange du Sutter on Sutter St. 
Mijo and I have lunched here together on several occasions.

La Boulange - Coffee and bag
Here is another view from the inside of the La Boulange du Sutter. I was here to dial into a meeting at the office after an eye doctor appointment.

La Boulange - Morning Bun
This is their morning bun. I love the orangy cinnamon with a crunchy semi burned caramel on top.

La Boulange - Menu
This is another scene inside a La Boulange cafe. I believe I took this during one of my lunches with Mijo.

La Boulange - All Macarons
I have to admit it was hard to pick which ones to choose when buying their seven macaron box sets. You just have to keep coming back to try them all. I've tried them all and they're all super decadent.

La Boulange - Breads galore
This is another scene inside a La Boulange cafe. I believe I took this during one of my lunches with Mijo.

La Boulange - tables

This is the scene in front of La Boulange du Market on Market St. 
Mijo and I have had breakfasts here together on several occasions.

La Boulange - Brioche
I am not sure if these brioche pastries are available only at their du Dome location. This is a must try.

La Boulange - Raisin Snail
I sometimes bring home sweet pastries on Friday afternoons so that we can have something to eat during our weekend afternoon coffee breaks at home. This is their raisin snail.

La Boulange - Goodies

This is the scene inside La Boulange du Market on Market St. 



La Boulange - Croquets
I sometimes bring home sweet pastries on Friday afternoons so that we can have something to eat during our weekend afternoon coffee breaks at home. This is their croquet cookies.

La Boulange - Nuage
I sometimes bring to the office cookies on Fridays so that I can have something to eat or share with my coworkers. This is their chocolate nibs nuage.

La Boulange - Coffee and Juices
La Boulange serves good hot and cold beverages to pair with their special breads and pastries.

La Boulange - Bread Pudding
A croissant pudding I shared with Mijo one weekend. The slice is big which is great for sharing. Of course, this is perfect with a cup of hot beverage...

La Boulange - Latte and Mocha
...and that is a hot cafe mocha.

La Boulange - Chocolate Shortbread
And their shortbread is a must try. I brought this bag one Friday into the office to be shared with my coworkers.

La Boulange - Orange Blossom Shortbread
And this one too.

This bakery has other breads and pastries that I have yet to try. I will post more pictures next time. 

You are welcome to send me pictures to post here as well. 
Au revoir + bon a petit!


~rl


No comments: