Monday, May 21, 2012

Everyday Wine in the City - Cabernet Sauvignon by Beringer

Everyday Wine - Beringer Cabernet SauvignonI knew we are going to like this wine. This  is one of the bottles we brought from our last wine tasting trip to Beringer in Sonoma, of course, we tasted them first before making the purchase.

Though I am a Pinot Noir kind of guy, this wine is easy to like because of its fruity, spicy and rustic flavors. As always, we finished the bottle stretched out to several dinners.


I took a sip moments after uncorking the bottle, as if I was still at Beringer's tasting rooms. I noticed that this wine tasted different when drank without food and when paired with savory dishes. 


First, we paired it with a cornmeal crusted Italian sausage pizza. I think the Italian sausage taste of a bit of anise and basil combined well with this wine's spicy notes. The next day for dinner, Mijo concocted what I call a tender pork stew with green tomatillo sauce. I was surprised that the tomatillo's sour notes made this wine a bit sweeter which I really enjoyed!
  Everyday Wine - Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon
Here are my notes:


Tasting Date: week of April 25, 2012
Tasting Partners: Mijo
Wine Name: Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 
Producer: Beringer
Region/Appelation: Knight Valley, Sonoma
Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, etc
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol: 14.3%
Color Hue: dark red
Aroma Intensity: mild fruits
Developments: full body
Aromas: cherry, sage, anise,
Dry/Sweet: less sweet
Body: full body
Acidity: low acid
Tannins: high level
Flavors: cherry, anise, dried herbs, banana

~rl

No comments: