Monday, February 27, 2017

Everyday Coffee in the City - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast by Peet's Coffee and Tea

Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast
It has been a while since the last time we bought a bag of coffee that we really enjoy. This week, we are drinking a blend called Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast by Peet's Coffee and Tea. 


We have paired this coffee with different snacks and its flavor is layered differently depending on the sweets and pastries we paired it with. We truly love this coffee.



We got this bag at Costco the other day. We tried the Deep Roast version of Major Dickason's Blend but we haven't tried the Dark Roast. I wish I could taste these two coffees side by side. This coffee is great as espresso, drip or pour over. 
Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast bag beans
The aroma escapes as soon as I opened the bag and it feels the entire kitchen. This aroma makes me happy and excited.  It is an instant high as if it triggers something in my brain.
Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast beans 

We usually make the coffee using our drip coffee maker because it is the fastest way for us to make coffee, especially during the week. I still stop and stare and get hipnotized just by looking at the process of how our drip coffee maker brews coffee.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Drip brew 

Our first pairing was the Hazelnut Croissant and Morning Bun from Tartine Manufactory. This coffee is intense, deep and lots of boday without being too strong to the point of being bitter. I can still taste the coffee.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Drip Morning bun 

A go to pairing for me is the chocolate and almond bicotti from Trader Joe's.  Honestly, I don't know how else to eat biscotti other than to pair them with coffee.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Drip biscotti 

And these parmentiers and almond cookies from Sugar Bowl bakery.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Pour over almond cookies 

I still had some left over Mamon Tostados that I brought from my recent trip to the Philippines. Mamon tostados are light and sort of a cross between biscotti and chiffon cake.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Drip Mamon tostado 

Using the same coffee, I decided to make it using the pour over method. This way of brewing coffee is slower than drip and requires more prep and more parts. However, I noticed that this method adds a layer of earthy flavors. 
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Pour over brew 

I paired the pour over coffee with breads that Mijo bought at Pan Lido the other day.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Pour over Pan Lido 

I also tried this coffee the other day using my espresso maker. 
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Espresso brew 

I love the consistency of this coffee in espresso. 
Syrupy and foamy.
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Espresso shot 

I made latte for breakfast and the pairing was a hit!
  Peet's Coffee and Tea - Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Latte Bagels

~rl

No comments: