Thursday, September 01, 2011

15 years in the city

View from Iron Horse Winery I was standing on a dirt lot admiring the view of a picturesque Sonoma landscape dotted with vineyards and wineries. I feel truly blessed to live in a stunning city surrounded by the ocean, the bay, the hills, the mountains and of course, the wine regions. Though it is still summer, I can already feel the cool breeze coming from the coast. This is definitely Indian summer.


It was during Indian summer when I first came to live in the States, around this time of the year 15 years ago. It doesn't feel like 15 years but it doesn't feel like yesterday either. How would I call this milestone? Happy 15 American years to me? Pretty soon, I would have lived in the States longer than I have lived in the Philippines.


(The photo above is a view from the tasting room of Iron Horse Winery in Sonoma, Ca.)



No comments: