Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lavenders in the City - My new and old photos of lavenders at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market

Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders at the market bw
I had never realized how long Mijo and I have been going to the Saturday Farmers Market at the Ferry Building until I saw my old photos of the farmers market.

I was browsing old photos the others and noticed that I have been taking pictures of one of my favorite flowers or scents. Dropping by Eatwell Farm's stall at the farmer's market is  one of to dos whenever I'm in the area.




I took this picture in 2013. I plant lavenders myself. In fact, I have French, Spanish, English and Grosso. I learned about the Grosso type of lavender from my short chats with the friendly staff at the Eatwell Farm's stall at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market.
Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders bunch 2013

For me, it is easy to romanticize this flower because of its scent and color. The bees love them as well.
Eat Well Farms - Fresh lavenders for sale 

I just feel lucky that the city is surrounded by farming communities that we have these fresh produce readily available. I also feel blessed that the this herb thrives in this region.
  Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders at the market 

I love it when I unwrap a bunch of dried lavender that the fragrance just escapes and fills the house. The scent gives me a relaxing and envigorating feeling.
  Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders unwrapped 

  Eat Well Farms - Fresh lavenders 

  Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders at home 
  
I heard Eatwell Farms has events.
  Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders bunch 

The next on my checklist is to visit the farm and check out their lavender fields. Stay tuned.
  Eat Well Farms - Dried lavenders home fragrance

~rl

No comments: